Miley Cyrus Twerks for Millions



"I haven't really seen one bad comment about my twerk video... This is the first thing! I'm like, 'I can't sing, I can't act, I'm dumb, I'm a hillbilly, but I can twerk, so, whatever.'" Miley said in an interview with Ryan Seacrest. Miley has finally made "twerking" mainstream. They can have it, I hope they kill it.


     Not sure how to feel. If this is the only thing she's applauded on... I feel sad. I get to be honest on this site so here it goes: The Unicorn suit saved her.  Dare I say her fair complexion saved her? Where twerking originally comes from, is not so PG. "It's a lot of booty-popping," explains little Miss Cyrus. "You can't really explain (twerking)," Cyrus added. "It's something that comes naturally. It's a lot of booty action," Actually... it's the age-old profession of the Video Hoe. As I looked for Miley's orginal video, I came across compilations that show you really where twerking comes from... It's not really a talent unless you're doing it upside down on a poll... with no hands. "I've been practicing probably for the past two years, in my own time in my living room," she said... I'm sure there are better things to practice, but hey. The video was taken by a friend, after a photoshoot. I don't think I would consider this so... base... if Miley were up to something more... productive as well. I put her in the group with the likes of Rihanna and Nicki (and you can add your own) of celebrities who have freedoms they're sharing with the world but they don't really weigh exactly what they're doing.  It's a lot of empty action, if you ask me.

        I'm having a difficult time, over all, trying to find out when standing in front of a camera shaking your ass became the thing to do. It's not a new thing, I know, it's just that we still haven't addressed the shame of it. Even and especially as I become involved with music, I notice female artists I run into from time to time wearing tighter and tighter clothes. Not to say I haven't given a nice 360 so the crowd can see what I look like, but when the best part of your show is when you turn around and show how you can make it jump... you've degraded your entire art. Nothing you say anymore matters. Simply, it's not respectable. I watched Nicki Minaj in French Montana's "Freaks" video... standing on a chair through almost her whole verse, with he a$$ to the camera. I needed to wash my hands --not for any good reason. It's not the first time she disgusted me, but... I just worry about the lack of diversity in images for the youth to follow.

        Miley can do what she wants... everyone can do what they want. Still, we need to be weary of the images we put out for others. Regardless of it we like it or not, if people are watching you, you do put out an image. We don't all have to walk the same path but people will follow you, pay attention. Miley is still Hannah Montana. It's her only real right to fame and it's the one thing that holds her back. Instead of twerking for attention because you're upset at what he world thinks about you, perhaps you should show them how good you actually are at other things... or maybe twerking is her thing. I don't know. I'm glad she had fun,  but I hope people understand the only reason that was funny and not gross was because of the unicorn onezie. Grown women shouldn't be twerking on the internet. Maybe I'm getting too old. But when exactly does one grow up?









 

No comments: