Potion Collective Memorial Day Showcase




        On Memorial Day, The Potion Collective will showcase an impressive line up at Brooklyn Fire Proof East, with myself as the featured artist. :) The holiday celebration features an all-day cookout beginning at 1:30pm. At 7:30, the mic opens up to whichever creative souls are called. ADMISSION IS FREE. At about 10pm, I've compiled a selection of my works to share with you all. I can't even begin to explain how excited I am, but if you have the time to attend, I'm sure to impress you. That, I guarantee. 

Brooklyn Fire Proof East
119 Ingraham Street
Brooklyn, NY 

OPEN MIC
7:30pm

FREE ADMISSION


        I happened upon The Potion Collective after having been turned down by the Nuyorican Poets Café one too many times. I hadn't made it to East 3rd in time to beat the Monday Open Mic sign-up line which starts to form at 7:30pm (while the doors don't open until 9). I don't know if I'll ever make it lol. The Poet's Café is great. The people are great. I just actually detest waiting in lines. After H tore down the stage, we headed over to Williamsburg at the recommendation of Boss Carrot and Corday The Artist of The City Don't Sleep. We caught Yva Las Vegas putting on her one of a kind show where her feelings and her words spoke with each other and her guitars, in whichever language they felt most comfortable --the oddity of it was both beautiful and miraculous. It was such an accepting crowd, I'd never felt more comfortable on a stage. & Frankly, I've never felt more blessed. I wasn't expecting the offer... at all. But... I suppose love makes the world move.

          Perhaps it's more confidence, perhaps it's having more comfort, or perhaps your spirit guides you to where you need to be so that you can have all of those without much thought. After I shared, I spoke with Nicole about coming on as the feature, but fell in love with her because of Her Freedom Blog. Sarah hosted The Potion Collective open mic when I shared, and also performs with the band Mishti Vishti (and I adore her rooftop garden). Both ladies have been so... chill. Chill is all I ask for <3 They're just real girls with real lives and I love that --I'm regular, too. It's helped me figure out exactly how I want to share without considering holding back. So... I've found some old poetry, I'm bringing on some old friends, I'm mixing it up with some new folk and some new work. I just want to see how full of a picture of me I can give you all in the 25 minutes I've been granted. I want to enlighten. I want to entertain. I want to inspire. I want to invigorate.

So... May 27th. Whatever I wanna do. Wish me luck <3


No comments: