The Empire Hotel Rooftop Fashion Show







From the Naked Roots collection by Eunika Simmons


       




The Empire Hotel

Classy venue. You say "rooftop", I say "What time?"

The Empire Hotel is right across from Lincoln center. I <3 this area. It's perfect for a city walk ;) 

It's live tho. They were on the move out there. 



This is the worst part: Trying to be press. I'm 5'2. I was just snapping away as I crawled through. *shrugs*


I didn't get to look at the artist's name for this. I was too busy worried about looking dumb. I regret that now -_-

The art made for a cool atmosphere. The paintings were appropriately provocative --Like any good night on the town. 







There were just layers of craft in all of Barksdale's designs. It was as if the outfits were not "made" but "built". 


I loved the negligee feel of this one. I'm a sucker for anything sheer especially if my back can be out.
 (I get it from my momma *shrugs*) 


All I can think is "warrior princess".

This one is fuzzy, but it's the only true blue I saw/caught. Barksdale has a distinct eye for color. Sutle bolds. Hues that can be soothed with a neutral but not quite tamed. Colors like that are ones you simply get because you need that color in your closet.

This was just sexy *shrugs* and sometimes you really need that.  

I loved their make-up.  I copied it the next night lol :)

This seems a muted version of the first dress. I like the first better, but that's because I'm a loud-ish dresser. I appreciated this, thought because I think it shows Barksdale's ability to make pieces on whatever volume you need. Maybe I don't need all that fluff all  the time. I girl needs options ;)

I still don't know how to feel about the red there. When you see that, you think maybe a model mistake? But if it was (as I hope to be able to assume), it gives me (not in a bad way) raunchy? I like it though! I <3 the cut on the back & would definitely put on my thigh high (or as the general public likes to call them "whore" boots --that's a good thing, you should see my boots ;)



CLICK HERE to visit Barskdale online.


























Find Nippy Laven on:















The Naked Roots Collection




I loved the femininity of the line. These clothes where made by a woman with a woman in mind. I imagine Eunika striking the same pose while creating. 

Super -f*ckin-hero.
Secretly, we all want this. 
Cape + all? *applauds*

Eunika's use of fabrics both amused and impressed me. Most were unexpected. I only saw this brown fabric in this outfit. From the photo, I really like it. I think that chocolate would go go with mine ;)
This, though, is a piece I'd want to see in person + touch (Yea, I'm like that.)



This comby is nothing but pretty. I'll take metallic gold anything. Furry anyyything.
This is an pleasing combo, with the seemingly stiffness of gold with the flurry of the skirt.
Not to mention, seems to come in in all the right places.
 That dress is for me. 


Oh how I live my life for a blazer. Eunika gives us pieces. Although the photo above is blurry, the mere fact that a blazer is in the show deserves applause of it's own. I admire the time and effort (you can tell) she invests in every piece of this collection. (*cough* I need that blazer *cough*)
& this model? This girl walks. And poses. And walks. 


This is what I mean by "head held high". This here, is a dangerous outfit. I don't believe it's made for every girl.
Luckily, though, Eunika has provided that girl the outfit she needs. This pushes limits.
But the way this model wore it, you can't tell her nuffin.



The warrior emerges once again. There is a strength brewing beneath Eunika's pieces.
Perhaps it is  those "roots" --the ones of kings and queens.